Corrosion in sump spaces can be minimized by preventing ethanol fuel or vapors, and water, from entering the sump by following best practices regarding maintaining sump and submersible turbine pump [STP] fittings. In many cases environmental factors make maintaining a dry and vapor free sump difficult. In these situations, Veeder-Root has multiple products to help neutralize the effects of corrosion.IF YOUR SUMP FREQUENTLY HAS STANDING WATER AND WATER IN THE TANK IS AN ISSUE
Consider installing a 4" stainless steel riser pipe for the Red Jacket STP line. Accelerated corrosion of the threads on your riser pipe may be allowing the water intrusion.
The 4" stainless steel riser pipe for the Red Jacket STP line:
- Impervious to in-sump corrosion
- Replaces standard 4” risers, available in 7.5", 10.5", 15.5", 19.5", and 27.5" lengths
IF YOUR SUMP IS SUSCEPTIBLE TO INCREASED MOISTURE OR ETHANOL FUEL OR VAPORS
Consider installing the Sump-Dri Desiccant System to keep the sump in better condition and ensure longer life of parts contained in the sump. Any moisture in the sump, either through high humidity, condensation, or water ingress, can combine with ethanol fuel or vapors to create conditions for corrosion. The Sump-Dri Desiccant System is specifically formulated to prevent acetic acid formation and maintain the proper moisture level in the sump
The Sump-Dri Desiccant System keeps the sump in better condition, enabling easier access for service and ensuring longer life of parts contained in the sump.
- Developed to prevent and control corrosion that leads to the degradation of equipment.
- Custom desiccant formulation to capture both ethanol vapors and ambient moisture
IF BOTH CONDITIONS ARE PRESENT OR YOU ARE REPLACING AN EXISTING STP DUE TO CORROSION
Consider installing the Red Jacket Red Armor STP to avoid the deterioration of pumping equipment due to a corrosive environment. The Red Armor STP has a specialty coating on the manifold and discharge head that withstands acetic acid exposure to prevent corrosion and pitting to the cast iron surface over time.
- Specialty coating on the manifold and discharge head that withstands acetic acid exposure
- Packer manifold contains stainless-steel hardware to ensure ease of maintenance throughout the life of the pump.
- Features stainless-steel column piping and quick-set connector.
- Comes in the same sizes as the standard The Red Jacket and The Red Jacket AG STPs